The Technical Museum in Brno
The Technical Museum in Brno is a contributory organization with its own legal subjectivity and is directly administrated by the Ministry of Culture of the Czech Republic. Its was founded for scientific, collecting, cultural, enlightening and methodical purposes.
The visitors can visit thirteen permanent expositions focused on the development of science and technology: Water engines with the monument of Viktor Kaplan, Steam engines, Historical stereovision, Cutlery, Metal founding, Ferrous Metallurgy, From the tom- toms to internet, The aircraft history and plastic modelling, The handicrafts Lane, The culture of the visually impaired, The time above and around, The Technical Game – Room: Experimentarium.
Stará huť u Adamova (The Old Iron-Mill near Adamov) (Phone No.: +420 516 446 671)
Stará huť, 679 04 Adamov
Opening hours: April – October: Tuesday–Sunday, public holiday 9am–5pm
Větrný mlýn v Kuželově (The Windmill in Kuželov) (Phone No.: +420 518 329 795, 602 438 644)
Kuželov 156, 696 73 Hrubá Vrbka
Opening hours: April, May, October: Saturday, Sunday and public holidays 9am –5pm (out of opening hours tours are possible upon previous reservation, min. group of 10 people ), June –September: Tuesday–Sunday, public holidays 9am –5 pm.
Vodní mlýn ve Slupi (The Watermill in Slup) (Phone Number.: +420 515 235 370)
Slup 94, 671 28 Jaroslavice
Opening hours: April –October: Tuesday–Sunday, public holidays 9am – 5pm (tours every hour, the last one at 4pm)
Kovárna v Těšanech (A Blacksmiths in Těšany) (Phone No.: +420 544 248 713, 724 239 656)
664 54 Těšany
Opening hours: April, May, October: Saturday, Sunday and public holidays 9am –5 pm (possible out of opening hours upon previous reservation, group of min. 10 people), June –September: Tuesday–Sunday, public holidays 9am –5 pm.
Areál čs. opevnění v Šatově (The Czechoslovakian fortress area in Šatov) (Phone No.: +420 602 438 637)
664 54 Těšany
Opening hours: April, May, October: Saturday, Sunday and public holiday 9am–5 pm (possible out of opening hours upon previous reservation, group of min. 10 people), June – September: Tuesday–Sunday, public holidays 9am –5 pm (tours every hour, for group of max 20 people), the last tour starts at 4pm.
Attractions in the place of destination
- Experimetarium – Technical Game - Room – the motto of this exposition is touch it – try it – watch it – get to know it
- Historical stereovision – is considered to be a forerunner of biograph. The device, in our museum, is the only working original in the Middle Europe.
- Expositions are partly adjusted for visually impaired visitors
- Programs for schools
- 13 permanent exhibitions as well as some temporary expositions
- Artistic and technical craft room at the Technical Museum in Brno is available for schools as well as for public
Special Offers and Events
- Slavnosti chleba (Watermill in Slup), Mladý těšanský kovář (A Blacksmiths in Těšany) – always in the beginning of September
- Conferences and seminars
- Weekends of traditional crafts (Easter and Christmas weekends)
- Lasting work with public, mainly with children and youth
- Helping in academic growth of students by offering internships and possibility of supervision of their theses
Tuesday– Friday 9 am –5 pm (the last entrance to museum is 30 min before closing the museum)
Saturday–Sunday 10 am–6 pm
ToursTours are without a guide, information is available in Czech and English, German (paper form)
|full admission, including Panorama||130 CZK|
|entrance after a discount fee applied, including Panorama||70 CZK|
Tips for Trips in the surrounding area
- The Villa Tugendhat
- Castle and the Fortress Špilberk
- State Castle Veveří
- The Nicholas Copernicus Observatory and Planetarium in Brno
- ZOO Brno
Barrier - free Access
Barrier - free access available in the whole area of the museum