Milotice Chateau is known as a pearl of the Southeast Moravia. It is administrated by the National Institute for the Preservation of the National Monuments in Brno and it is a National Cultural Monument. The Chateau was build at the place of a stronghold that was rebuilt into a Renaissance chateau in the 16th century. The golden age of the Milotice Chateau was when the Chateau was owned by K. A. Sereny who rebuilt the chateau in a baroque style at the beginning of the 18th century. The Chateau was his summer residence. He created the Complex that includes a French baroque garden, a riding hall and a stable, orangeries, a unique architectonic complex, that has been well preserved.
In the present time the visitors can see the Chateau area with the honest court, a riding hall, a stable, two orangeries, a french park and a pheasantry with salets. The tour shows the stylish interiors of the Chateau and in addition it demonstrates the lifestyle of the last owners of the Chateau, the family Seilern Aspang. The interiors were installed according to the period pictures and in cooperation with the daughter of the last owner of the complex Marietta Noirman Seilern Aspang. There is a permanent exposition of Moravian baroque sculptures in the baroque orangeries. There are well equipped interiors in the Chateau, for example there is a hall decorated with fresco made by F. Ř. I. Ecksteina from 1725.
State Chateau Milotice
Zámecká 1, 696 05
Telephone number: +420 518 619 643, fax: +420 518 619 660
Castellan: +420 724 663 501; firstname.lastname@example.org
The Deputy of the Castellan: +420 724 663 502;
Questions , orders in German: +420 773 762 295;
Questions , orders in English: +420 732 510 423; 775 183 489
Attractions in the place of destination
- Unique well-preserved complex of Baroque buildings
- Access bridge with the gallery of the sculptures by Jakub Krystof Schletterer from 1742
- Representative Hall with fresco made by F.I. Eckstein from 1725.
- The Cabinet of curiosities with the original wallpaper from the 40s of the 18th century.
- Sculptural decoration of the Chateau Staircase from 1725. Particular areas of window stools are decorated with the scenes from the Aeneida by Vergilius.
- Unique tours with the interpretation that was created in cooperation with the former employees and the members of the royal family. The tours show the every day life in the Chateau in the first half of the 20th century.
- The Exposition of the Moravian Baroque Sulptures
- French Baroque garden from 1719 with precisely cut espaliers of a hornbeam.
- Period Costumes can be borrowed. All costumes are sawn according to the original cuts and pictures of the clothes of the member families that are located in the interiors of the Chateau.
- Cycling path in vineyard
- Fotoshop – possibility to dress the traditional costumes of Kyjov area
- Hotel with the Chateau view
- Chateau stable with traditions and bike rentals
- Camera obscura in the real size
- Chateau riding hall with the exhibition of birds of prey
Special Offers and Events
- Easter tours "Easter in the count's family Seilern Aspang in 1929“, 12 years old tradition.
- Traditional Night Tours ' Tales and History of the half of the 18th century“ Twelve years old tradition, it always takes place at the last weekend in July.
- The Festival of Dolňácka – the second Sunday in August
- The Market of the local products and crafts, every third Sunday in September
- Wedding Ceremonies in Chateau orangery and in fresco hall
- Rental of traditional wine cellars in the basement alley Šidleny is available
- Congress Premises for approximately 20 people in Komunitním centru (Community Centre) in the Chateau
Opening hours and tours
- Tours: Chateau – the tour lasts an hour
- Chateau – there is a possibility to shorten the tour - 30 min long tour
- Tours just with a guide,
- Guided tours for groups in foreign language available – 100% extra charge applies
- Tours in foreign language for individuals – paper form with guide
April and October : Saturday and Sunday, 9am – 3pm, working days – upon previous reservation.
May-August: 9am – 4pm, tours at night time are available, extra charge of 100% Applies.
September: 9am - 3pm
November - March: upon previous reservation
|Pensioners, Students, Children, Disabled people||90 CZK|
|Family Entrance Fee||350 CZK|
|Night and Christmas Tours|
|full admission||300 CZK|
|discounted fee||150 CZK|
Tips for trips in the surrounding area
- Museum in a Wagon and Pedal Track Rail Cars in Ratíškovice ; www.ratiskovka.com
- Tipping plant Sudoměřice – a technical monument ; www.vyklopnik.er.cz
- Bata Canal ; www.vyklopnik.er.cz
- The National Cultural Monument Mikulčice; www.mikulcice-valy.info
- The Windmill in Bukovany ; www.bukovany-mlyn.cz
- ZOO Hodonín, The Museum T.G. Masaryka in Hodonín, swimming pool; www.hodonin.eu
- Swimming Pool, Cinema and Museum in Kyjov; www.mestokyjov.cz
- The European significant natural area Doubrava; www.bilekarpaty.cz
- An open Air Museum and Chateau Strážnice, www.nulk.cz
- Doubrava – instructorial trail –„ prastarý les“ (“old forest”) One of the longest path for in-line.
- Economic Area Rúdník Vacenovice with keeping horses.
Barrier free access
The Area of the Chateau and its park and pheasantry is barrier free accessible.
- Milotice is located in the South Moravia between the towns Hodonín and Kyjov, with good connection onto the motorway D1 from Břeclav.
- GPS: www.mapy.cz; Loc: 48°57'37.562"N, 17°8'23.411"E