A charming royal seat, Lysice Chateau, is located 35 km, northeast from Brno, close to E 461. It is a chateau with rich history, originally a water fortress, which was rebuilt into renaissance and later baroque chateau. The chateau also went trough a classicist modification. Its interiors are significant with its rich collections of furniture and artefacts of art crafts from Renaissance Era to Secession and historical style. The Collection of Czech glass, weapons and oriental objects is considered to be a rarity. From June to September it is possible to visit a terrace like garden and the only chateau gardening in the Czech Republic that is open to public including an orangery.
Attractions in the trip destination
- The chateau is connected with the life of Austrian writer Marie Ebner von Eschenbach, maiden name countess Dubská, as well as with Erwin, count Dunský who was a diplomat, a traveller and collector of remarkable albuminian photos.
- it is the only chateau in the Czech republic having in a garden a column colonnade with pergola, what is considered to be unique and exceptional in garden architecture
- One of the biggest collections of historical shooting targets
- Exposition of a renovated pram of type „berlina“
- Permanent exposition about Marii Ebner Eschenbach
- Chateau café
- Shop with souvenirs „U Sluníčka“
- Tours in Costumes for children - in June – for school trips
Special Offers and Events
- Night tours (July and August)
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Possibility to rent Premises for company events
- Easter flower exhibition
- Traditional Fair Entertainment - the court of Chateau (the end of June)
- Chateau feérie (the last weekend in June)
- Concerts of festival Concentus Moraviae (June)
- Special tours of Chateau for children and those interested in work and life of M. E.Eschenbach. Austrian writer, combined tours with music playing in the background, shows of fencing art (based on demand and wishes of client)
- Advent Tours (on 1. Advent Weekend)
- Christmas Tours - 25. a 31.12.
Opening hours:April and October 10am – 4pm weekends and public holidays, otherwise upon previous reservation and confirmation of the reservation.
May and September 9am – 4pm, daily except for Monday
June 9am - 4pm, daily except for Monday; weekends 9am - 5pm
July and August 9am – 5 pm , daily except for Monday
Tours and entrance fees:The actual pricelist can be found here.
Tips for trips in the surrounding Area
- Chateau and Castle in Boskovice
- Chateau Rájec nad Svitavou
- Chateau Kunštát
- The Cave of Blaník Knights (Jeskyně Blanických rytířů)
- Chateau Letovice
- The Moravian Karst
Barrier - free Access
- Tour I – the first floor of the Chateau